Camp amongst the woodland or in a field surrounded by wildlife, or cosy up in one of the pristine forest lodges at award-winning Burnbake.
Kids will love exploring the natural playground of the forest here, discovering wildlife and den-building. There’s also a small play area and you can buy marshmallows from the campsite’s well-stocked shop to toast around the fire or gather at the seasonal Snack Shack, which is a chilled way to spend an evening with tasty food by fairy light and moonlight.
On site you’ll find a pleasant wooded area with a choose-your-own pitch policy, as well as an open field if you want to spread out a bit. Note that the field area is a short walk from the loos and shower facilities. You can also hire a fire pit for £5 a night.
The staff at Burnbake are welcoming and friendly and on-hand to give you tips on where to explore first – being located almost equidistant between Corfe, Swanage and Studland, Burnbake is a great base for trying out the various activities and visiting the attractions of all three areas, as well as the rest of the Purbeck countryside. At Burnbake you’re near to several excellent landmarks and places to explore, such as Studland Heath with its mysterious Agglestone, the Purbeck Ridgeway and Corfe Castle ruin.
If you’re after an activity-packed holiday for the whole family, there’s a great ropes course (Brenscombe) located at the entrance to Burnbake and there are plenty of cycling and walking routes on your doorstep, too. Nearby along the main road is Dorset Adventure Park, and the sandy beaches of Studland Bay and Swanage are a short drive away.
Enjoy the peace and tranquility of the woodland from a luxury lodge – sit out on the furnished deck or relax in your own hot tub before stepping into the robe and slippers provided for you.
Burnbake’s forest lodges have received a Visit England Gold standard award, and the campsite as a whole won a 2021 Tripadvisor Travellers’ Choice Award and gained Silver in the 2018 Dorset Tourism Awards, along with a plethora of other accolades over the years.
Lodges have fully-fitted kitchens, central heating and a wood burner, wifi and flatscreen TVs.
Spa treatments are also available.
Prices for camping
The camping tariff at Burnbake is fixed for the year and does not vary seasonally.
There are discounts for cyclists, walkers and groups. Electric hook-up is charged at £5 per night.
You pay for the price of your pitch per night, and any additional adults are £5 a night, and children (aged three – 16) are an extra £3.
- Standard tent (up to 5-man) or campervan – £20 per night per pitch
- 6-8 man tent or large campervan – £25
- 10+ man tent £28
- Add-ons £5 per night (for example, pup-tent, gazebo, boat, extra car)
- Groups Groups such as DofE and scouts are £7 per person (email ahead with your group size and any requirements)
- No-car, single-person pitch-up You can camp for just £14 if you’re pitching a small, two-man-sized tent and arriving without a car. This options is popular with hikers and cyclists doing a tour of Purbeck
Prices for luxury lodges
The forest lodges at Burnbake sleep either up to four to six people and prices vary seasonally.
You can book for a whole week, just a weekend or stay for a mid-week visit. You’ll find various offers, such as discounts for a party of two, or for those aged 55+, and a reduced stay for repeat visitors.
As a rough guide, prices range from a minimum of £350 for a midweek stay in a two-bed lodge in low season to a maximum of £1,810 for a week in one of Burnbake’s three-bedroom Executive lodges in peak season.
Check Burnbake’s website for the latest prices and offers available and phone to book: www.burnbake.com/luxury-lodges/
Information for four-legged visitors
- 🐾 The campsite is dog-friendly (up to two dogs per pitch)
- 🐾 Some lodges are dog-friendly and some are pet-free
- 🐾 Note that there is a small section of the forest where dogs are not permitted due to the protection of resident newts
- 🐾 Dogs at Burnbake camp for free!
- 🐾 Well-behaved dogs are welcome in three of the lodges at a cost of £60 per dog per stay (maximum two dogs).
Explore Burnbake’s website for full information about camping and self-catering here, or give the friendly team a call:
- 📞 01929 480570
- 📥 firstname.lastname@example.org
- ℹ️ www.burnbake.com
- 📍 Burnbake’s located just off the Corfe to Studland road, the B3351, (Rempstone, Corfe Castle, (postcode BH20 5JH))