Relax and rejuvenate in Dorset in a cosy holiday home-from-home by the sea or splash out on a luxury countryside villa for the whole family for the ultimate staycation experience.
Swanage and its surrounding villages offer a wide variety of self-catering accommodation to suit every traveller – romantic weekends away, peaceful retreats in rural locations, fun-filled family adventures at the seaside, dog-friendly holiday rentals and last-minute explorations.
Discover the different ways to enjoy this special part of Dorset’s coast and countryside at your own pace in one of the Isle of Purbeck’s self-catering options:
- Holiday cottages – If your perfect holiday means that feeling of home-away, but with a touch of luxury or unique twist, choose from a great range of beach-front apartments, countryside barn conversions, Victorian town houses and unusual stays, such as old towers and lighthouse-keepers’ cottages
- Hostels & budget accommodation – The youth hostel in Swanage is a bit of a hidden gem. Suitable for groups of friends, walkers and families, with a mixture of shared and private, en-suite rooms. Swanage YHA has sea views and is a short walk from the town and beach. You might also find cheap rooms and places to stay in and around Swanage via Airbnb, hosted by a number of friendly locals who’ll be more than happy to give you tips on the best places to eat, drink and explore
- Camping, caravanning & glamping – A great way to start your outdoor adventure in Purbeck is by staying at one of the highly-rated campsites in the area. There’s a huge range – from basic, wild-camping, to fully-serviced, luxury pitches for your motorhome. Many campsites also have dedicated glamping areas and camping pods, where you get to enjoy your stay under the stars without having to pitch your own tent
- Campervan & motorhome hire – For an adventure on the road and a fun way to discover Dorset at your leisure hiring a campervan is another great option. Your nearest ones in Purbeck are Go Solent Motorhomes Hire or, if you’re after a more vintage vibe, you can hire a classic VW camper from Wareham’s Kombi Klassics
- Lodges and log cabins – For a rustic rental in fantastic settings, you can book a few days or a week’s stay in a cosy log cabin or holiday lodge. Some are fully-equipped and can even come with a hot tub, such at Burnbake, and some are a stone’s throw from some of the Jurassic Coast’s most stunning landmarks, such as Durdle Door
- Holiday parks – There are three holiday parks in Swanage, all offering welcoming, comfortable and spotless static caravans with stunning views and a great range of facilities. You’ll also find a couple more in nearby areas close to beaches and public transport routes
- Last-minute – Whilst this beautiful area is extremely popular with visitors, particularly in peak times, you may find last-minute deals and vacancies for a last-minute break away. We recommend looking on Airbnb, last minute.com, or getting in touch directly with individual holiday letting agents