This caravan-only site benefits from a peaceful, rural setting with fantastic views in a special spot on Dorset’s Jurassic Coast.
Kimmeridge Bay itself is world-renowned for its Jurassic Coast geology and makes for a fun day exploring its rock pools – from the caravan site you can walk to the bay, or up to the stunning Clavell Tower, along the coast path and down to the village, which has an excellent restaurant, Clavell’s.
The well-kept, inviting site has 40 large pitches, electric hook-ups and WiFi, and is a Caravan Club and Motorhome Club affiliated site.
Note that there are no toilet or shower facilities at this site, but it has two watering points and a chemical disposal point.
Opening season & tariffs
Smedmore Caravan site is open annually from May to October (inclusive)
Prices per night vary seasonally at Smedmore, and discounts are available for visitors aged over 60 and for longer stays.
- High season – From £9 (pitch price); £7 (adult); £2 (child)
- Mid-season – From £7.50 (pitch); £6.50 (adult); £2 (child)
- Bank Holidays (Fri – Sun) – additional 50p per night
- Entire season (May – October) – By prior arrangement – contact the caravan site to enquire
- Additional items (car/boat/tent) – £2 per night
Caravan/motorhome storage is also available here – get in touch with the site to find out more.
The manor house itself at Smedmore can be hired for holidays and special occasions, such as weddings, so if you fall in love with the area while you’re here and want to return with family and friends for a celebration, you can enquire about its exclusive hire on the Smedmore House website: smedmorehouse.com/accommodation.
Smedmore House sleeps up to 16 people across eight bedrooms on a self-catering basis, however it is possible to arrange catering or a chef for your stay in advance. There is also the option of adding the Garden Wing, which sleeps a further six, and a boathouse down at the bay. Prices begin at £2,150 for a weekend in off-peak season.
The house also holds a charitable Open Day event each year for the public to explore its historic interior and pretty walled gardens.
Smedmore Caravan Site contact
For the most up-to-date season dates and discounts visit the Smedmore Caravan Site’s website:
- ℹ️ www.smedmore-caravansite.co.uk
- 📞 01929 480702
- 📥 email@example.com
- 📍You’ll find the caravan site as you head down into Kimmeridge by taking the road signposted as Private, toward Smedmore House (Postcode for your SatNav: BH20 5PG)