Splashdown in Poole’s Tower Park leisure complex is a short drive from Swanage and Purbeck for an alternative activity for a rainy day or some familiar family entertainment.
Splashdown has 13 indoor and outdoor slides, ranging from gentle lazy-river style ride to the more hair-raising Screamer and Dragon’s Lair.
There are also toddler splash pools for ages five and under.
Splashdown also has a cafê and outdoor sun lounger area
Take a look at Splashdown’s outdoor water slides:
Dorset Adventure Park has large, inflatable assault courses on lakes within a forest setting as well as a mud trail.
Opening times and prices
Opening times vary seasonally and ticket prices are sold in two or three-hour wristband slots.
Opening times and waterpark slot availability can be checked on Splashdown’s website, where you can also purchase tickets in advance: www.splashdownwaterparks.co.uk/poole/tickets-and-opening-times/
Opening times vary throughout the year, ranging from peak, summer holiday slots available from 8.45am to 9pm, and winter opening reduced to 10am to 5pm.
- Two hours – £11.50
- Three hours – £14
- Under fives – £8.50
- Spectators – £5
You can also book children’s parties and group visits via the Splashdown website: www.splashdownwaterparks.co.uk/poole/birthday-parties/
Tower Park attractions
As well as Splashdown there is a range of attractions, eateries and other facilities:
- Cinema – The Cineworld cinema at Tower Park boasts 16 screens
- Bowling – The Hollywood Bowl ten-pin bowling alley has 24 lanes as well as an American-inspired diner, bar, pool tables and arcade games
- Indoor soft play – Lemur Landings soft play is suitable for children up to the age of 11 and boasts one of Dorset’s largest multi-level soft play frames, an interactive climbing wall, role play village and teddy bear-making area
- Gym – Pure Gym is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week with over 220 pieces of workout equipment available
- Bingo – Bingo entertainment with Buzz Bingo offers a range of facilities including a bar, smoking area and slots club
- Pizza Express
- Pizza Hut
- Taco Bell
- Burger King
- Day’s Restaurant
- Candy Cabin
There is a Tesco Extra supermarket and petrol station adjacent to Tower Park.
Just outside the complex is the Mannings Heath retail park, which has a B&M home discount store, various tiling and home improvement stores, a McDonald’s and a drive-through Costa coffee shop.
How to get there and parking
For your SatNav: BH12 4NY.
Parking is free as part of the Tower Park leisure complex, which also has a bowling alley, cinema, gym and various fast food and casual dining restaurants.
The large car park can get busy at times so it’s best to arrive earlier than your booked slot.