Splashdown in Poole’s Tower Park leisure complex is a short drive from Swanage and Purbeck for an alternative activity for a rainy day or some familiar family entertainment.
Splashdown has 13 indoor and outdoor slides, ranging from a gentle lazy-river style ride to the more hair-raising Screamer and Dragon’s Lair.
There are also toddler splash pools for ages five and under, an indoor café and an outdoor sun lounger area.
Take a look at Splashdown’s outdoor water slides:
Dorset Adventure Park has large, inflatable assault courses on lakes within a forest setting as well as a mud trail.
Opening times and prices
Opening times vary seasonally and ticket prices are sold in two or three-hour wristband slots.
Opening times and waterpark slot availability can be checked on Splashdown’s website, where you can also purchase tickets in advance: www.splashdownwaterparks.co.uk/poole/tickets-and-opening-times/
Opening times vary throughout the year, ranging from peak, summer holiday slots available from 8.45am to 9pm, and winter opening reduced to 10am to 5pm.
Tickets include a ‘smart’ wristband, which are a £3 deposit, returned at the end of your session. Smart wristbands mean you can track your time at Splashdown and record which flumes you went on and get a souvenir certificate.
- Two hours – £11.50
- Three hours – £14
- Under fives – £8.50
- Spectators – £5
You can also book children’s parties and group visits via the Splashdown website: www.splashdownwaterparks.co.uk/poole/birthday-parties/
Note that lockers at Splashdown are £1, which is returnable.
Tower Park attractions and facilities
As well as Splashdown there is a range of attractions, eateries and other facilities at Tower Park:
Why not combine a trip to Splashdown with the latest blockbuster or a game of bowling? Or find something fun for your next visit to Tower Park:
- Cinema – The Cineworld cinema at Tower Park boasts 16 screens with the latest movies and favourite classics shown in both large auditoriums and more intimate, ‘studio’ rooms. See what’s on and book tickets: ℹ️ www.cineworld.co.uk/cinemas/poole
- Bowling – The Hollywood Bowl ten-pin bowling alley has 24 lanes as well as an American-inspired diner, bar, pool tables and arcade games. Book a lane at Tower Park bowling: ℹ️ www.hollywoodbowl.co.uk/poole-tower-park
- Indoor soft play – Lemur Landings soft play is suitable for children up to the age of 11 and boasts one of Dorset’s largest multi-level soft play frames, an interactive climbing wall, role play village and teddy bear-making area. Visit Lemur Landings’ website or call to book a session: ℹ️ www.lemurlandings.co.uk 📞 01202 740500
- Gym – Pure Gym at the Tower Park Leisure Complex is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, with over 220 pieces of workout equipment available, along with a range of classes ℹ️ www.puregym.com/gyms/poole/ 📞 0345 013 3419
- Bingo – The Buzz Bingo club at Tower Park offers a range of facilities including a bar, smoking area and slots club ℹ️ www.buzzbingo.com/club/poole.html 📞 01202 739989
Within the Tower Park complex are a variety of sit-in restaurants and fast food outlets.
Booking ahead on busy, school holiday days is advisable. If you mention your Splashdown swim time or Cineworld movie start or finish time, the restaurants are usually happy to advise the best time slot for your meal and book a table accordingly.
- Pizza Hut – Phone to book a table or arrange a takeaway: 📞 01202 718717
- Pizza Express – Situated a short walk from Splashdown, outside the cinema. Contact number: 📞 01202 718600
- Nandos – Contact number: 📞 01202 718923
- Day’s Restaurant – Multi-cuisine restaurant Day’s has both lunchtime and dinner time slots, typically between 12pm – 4pm for lunch and 5pm – 11pm for dinner on weekdays Day’s contact details: 📞 01202 735888
Food is also available for eating in and takeaway at KFC (opposite Splashdown), as well as nearby Taco Bell and Burger King.
Just outside the entrance to Splashdown is the tempting Candy Cabin – a favourite for stocking up before a movie or for a burst of sugar after the excitement of Splashdown’s flumes.
There is a Tesco Extra supermarket and petrol station adjacent to Tower Park (Located on Yarrow Rd, BH12 4NX).
Just outside the complex is the Mannings Heath retail park, which has a B&M home discount store, various tiling and home improvement stores, a McDonald’s and a drive-through Costa coffee shop.
How to get there and where to park
For your SatNav: BH12 4NY
The journey time from Swanage to Tower Park by car is about 35 minutes.
Leave town on the A351 and follow this road toward Wareham and through Sandford until you reach the A35 (the Baker’s Arms roundabout).
Take the second exit at the Holes Bay North roundabout, from which Tower Park will be signposted.
Parking is free as part of the Tower Park leisure complex, which also has a bowling alley, cinema, gym and various fast food and casual dining restaurants.
The large car park can get busy at times so it’s best to arrive earlier than your booked slot.