Challenge your friends and family to a round of pitch and putt at Swanage Golf Games.
Located close to the centre of Swanage at Kirkwood Park, and right by King George’s playground and skate park, Swanage Golf Games is a handy and fun way to spend an hour or two.
Set across a 1,000+ metre plot, Swanage Golf Games offers traditional pitch and putt as well as more unusual ways to play.
- Pitch & putt – Choose from either a nine or 18-hole game for a fun yet challenging round of golf for both children and adults
- Footgolf – For something a bit different, take up to six friends around the course with a football each and try to get them in the oversized holes
- Frisbee Golf – See if you can reach the target in the lowest number of throws
There is also the option to play a ‘nine and nine combo’ of two different types of golf games.
A variety of basic refreshments is available for purchase from the reception area. Visitors are also invited to bring in their own snacks and drinks to enjoy at the picnic benches and grassed areas.
Toilet facilities are available on site.
Dogs are permitted, but must be kept on a lead – this is to protect the wildlife that lives in the hedgerows and surrounding areas.
Prices for golf games
The green fee includes all equipment needed, with clubs available in a range of left and right-handed, as well as child and adult sizes.
- All nine-hole games: £5
- 18-hole or ‘nine and nine combo’: £8.50
Discounts are available for young children.
Swanage Golf Games offers packages for larger family groups, as well as stag and hen parties and club competitions.
To find out more or book a golf game book online or over the phone:
📞 01929 426809
You can also just turn up and play.
Swanage Golf Games is open from 9.30am till dusk seasonally as follows:
Every day during June – September, inclusive.
Every day during the school half-term break.
Weekend opening otherwise (Friday, Saturday and Sundays, from the week before Easter until the end of May)
Every day during the October school half-term holiday.
Weekend opening otherwise throughout October (Friday, Saturday and Sundays).
Note that the park is closed during winter.
Camping at Kirkwood Park
Fancy waking to a spot of pitch and putt in the morning, or before a campfire supper?
Camping pitches are also available at Kirkwood Park’s ‘Swanage Bijou’ camping and glamping site during the summer months.
Directions and parking
Postcode for your SatNav: BH19 1AR
It’ll be on your right as you’re coming in to Swanage, just before you reach the town’s Main Beach car park. However, on-site parking is provided free and there is space for several cars.
Nearby golf courses and pitch & putt parks
Why not try all the golfing greens Swanage and its surrounding area has to offer? There are various crazy golf and mini-golf courses both in and near Swanage, as well as full 18-hole golf courses (check our dedicated Sports & Activities page for more information on these
- Jurassic Golf – Take on this Jurassic Coast-themed crazy golf course set above the beach in Swanage at the Santa Fe fun park, which also has small rides, arcades, and a miniature pirate-themed train 📞 07976 891054
- Beach Gardens – This well-tended 18-hole putting green is set in Beach Gardens, a short walk or drive from the centre of town. The complex also offers tennis and basketball court hire and is home to an active lawn bowls club. There is also a refreshments hut offering hot drinks and light snacks, as well as on-site toilet facilities 📞 01929 766018
- Isle of Purbeck Golf Club – For serious golfers, there is a fantastic golf course just a stone’s throw from Swanage, with far-reaching vistas across Purbeck and over Studland Bay. The club – famously once owned by children’s author Enid Blyton and her husband – welcomes members and visitors to its course and bar & restaurant. The club also offers a pro shop and golf lessons. Find out more on the Isle of Purbeck Golf Club’s website: www.purbeckgolf.co.uk 📞 01929 450361