Swanage Town Band is a concert band of wind, brass and percussion players, holding regular gigs in Purbeck throughout the year.
The band is led by conductor Dave Cook in practising a range of traditional band, folk and popular music, including toe-tapping show medleys, in preparation for performances at a range of local events.
Some of the most popular performances are the band’s Summer in the Bandstand recitals – grab a blanket and a picnic and head down to enjoy some good, old traditional fun in the sun at the town’s 1920s bandstand, which has excellent views over Swanage Bay. Or wrap up warm in winter for some festive tunes and carols at Christmastime and sing along with the band.
Swanage Town Band often plays in association with various local causes, so it’s also a great opportunity to donate to the latest charity or appeal the musicians are supporting.
- Find out when Swanage Town Band is playing next by checking our Events page or by following the band on Facebook: en-gb.facebook.com/SwanageTownBand/
- To book Swanage Town Band for your event email Cathy: email@example.com
Summer in the Bandstand
A firm favourite in Swanage’s summer calendar is the collection of performances at Swanage’s bandstand.
Look out for daytime and evening concerts at this unique piece of Swanage history – read more about its restoration journey here.
- ℹ️ Performances are free to attend, but a donation in the collection tin will be very welcome
- 📍 Nearest car park: Recreation Ground (Mermond Place) BH19 1DQ
Rehearsal information & joining
If you play a brass or wind instrument, why not join Swanage Town Band – it’s a friendly group which meets for weekly practice and delights audiences with performances throughout the year.
There are currently over 40 members in the band, but newcomers of all ages and abilities are always welcome.
- When – Every Wednesday evening during term time from 7pm -8.30pm
- Where – Swanage Methodist Church, 105 High Street, BH19 2LZ
If you’re interested in joining Swanage Town Band, contact Liz on 01929 481419 or conductor Dave Cook by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.