There’s one main filling station within Swanage itself (on Victoria Avenue) as well as a few more nearby for you to fuel up before you head out on your day’s adventure.
As well as unleaded petrol and diesel fuel pumps, you’ll find air & water pumps at the Texaco Swanage petrol station, as well as a range of items for your vehicle in the shop, such as engine lubricants, screen wash and cleaning products.
Texaco Swanage has a large Londis shop, which sells all the usual everyday essentials, including dry and fresh food items, alcohol and magazines. There’s also a Costa coffee machine in-store.
If you’re staying at Swanage Bijou Campsite, this is your nearest convenience store. You can pick up various items of camping gear here, including Calor gas.
- ℹ️ Opening hours: 6am – 11pm, Monday – Sunday
- 📍 Postcode: BH19 1AS
- 📞 Contact number: 01929 422888
More petrol stations in Purbeck
You’ll find further petrol stations along the A351 toward Wareham, with St Michael’s Garage, just outside Swanage, also being a car repair centre and breakdown service provider.
St Michael’s Garage
The BP forecourt here also has a BP Pulse charger, car wash and Londis shop with incorporated post office.
The garage itself provides vehicle parts, repair, MOT & servicing, and is a Ford dealership & RAC-approved service centre. Browse new, nearly-new, used and Motability vehicles or pop into the office to find out more.
St Michael’s provides 24-hour breakdown cover in association with Green Flag and Britannia Rescue amongst many others, so if your vehicle breaks down while you’re on holiday here the team can assist you on the roadside or take you and your vehicle home.
- ℹ️ The shop is open from 7am – 9pm every day
- 📍Located on the Valley Road (the A351 from Swanage to Harman’s Cross), postcode BH19 3DX
- ℹ️ Find out more on St Michael’s website: www.stmichaelsgarageswanage.co.uk
Murco, Harman’s Cross
As well as petrol and diesel, you can fuel up on a range of food, drink, newspapers and sundries at the Spar shop here. Grab some cash back, alcohol, snacks and sweets, or a takeaway tea or coffee from the machine. It’s also a Collect+ parcel courier outlet.
There’s a small amount of dedicated shoppers’ parking if you don’t need fuel. The shop stocks fresh milk, meat, fruit & veg, along with a selection of seasonal products, such as ice cream and BBQ meat in the summer, and kindling and logs in the winter months.
Right next door is also Foley’s Garage – a local used car dealership also offering MOT, repair and servicing. Browse used cars on Foley’s website: www.foleysgarage.co.uk
- ℹ️ Murco forecourt & shop open from 7am till 8pm Monday – Saturday; 8am – 8pm Sundays. (Foley’s Garage opening hours may differ)
- 📍 Valley Road, A351, postcode: BH19 3DZ
This small filling station is handy if you’re staying in a village outside Swanage, such as Corfe Castle, Kimmeridge or Church Knowle and need to fill up on your way to areas such as Lulworth for the day, where amenities are limited.
There’s also an EV charger on-site, which is situated around the back of the building, which is also home to Purbeck MG, which sells a range of new and used MG cars. They also offer vehicle repairs and servicing.
Stoborough’s Murco has a small shop selling cleaning and maintenance supplies for your vehicle, as well as snacks and drinks.
- ℹ️ Fuel and shop opening hours 7.30 – 8pm. Pay inside the shop or through a hatch
- Purbeck MG sales and servicing hours differ to the above. Full information can be found online: dealer.mg.co.uk/purbeck-mg-wareham
- 📍Find this petrol station at the Purbeck-end of the causeway into Wareham at the edge of Stoborough village. The petrol station is just opposite The King’s Arms pub on Corfe Road, (Postcode BH20 5AA)
- Texaco, Sandford – This Texaco has a good-sized forecourt and on-site Co-Op. There’s several pumps, air and water, and a cash machine outside. If you just need to pop into the store there are dedicated shoppers’ parking bays. This Co-Op also offers grocery delivery, as well as an Amazon courier pick-up service. It’s open daily from 6am – 11pm (postcode BH20 7AQ)
- Wool – There are two petrol stations in Wool, which are handy if you’re heading toward or coming from Dorchester. Ford-affiliated Wool & Bovington Motors also offer car sales and servicing (BH20 6EH). Find out more online: wool-bovington.co.uk
- Creekmoor Service Station, Poole – Just off the Holes Bay North Roundabout by Poole Fire Station, this is an easy detour to refuel and stock up at the on-site Budgens and drive-through Costa coffee (postcode: BH15 1AS). (There are also pay-at-pump fuel pumps at both of the nearby Tesco stores (Tower Park and Fleetsbridge) and a further filling station close to Poole Hospital)
- Texaco, Sandbanks – On the Sandbanks side of the ferry there is a Texaco and Co-Op store on Sandbanks Road in Lilliput Sandbanks (Postcode BH14 8EZ)
Car wash facilities
Spruce up your vehicle while you’re here at the jet-wash at Swanage’s petrol station on Victoria Avenue.
Alternatively, St Michael’s Garage just up the road from Swanage has a drive-through car wash, and in nearby Sandford there’s a great team providing the area with a full hand-wash and valet service.
Choose from a part or fully-serviced hand car wash to leave your car gleaming or to get rid of any sandy paw prints on your way home until your next seaside adventure in Swanage.
The Sandford car wash is located at the lights just past Sandford St Martin’s Primary School (Wareham Road, BH16 6JR). You can grab a hot drink or refreshment while you wait, or take a stroll in the nearby pleasant woodland.