Swanage Post Office is centrally located on Institute Road in the town centre.
In addition to the usual post office services and products, Swanage Post Office also has a small gift and stationery shop inside.
You can both withdraw and deposit cash here, and the post office can undertake personal and business banking on behalf of high street banks.
The post office is right by all of Swanage’s key shops and café’s, and just a couple of minutes’ walk to the beach, so you can combine running your errands with a beach stroll or meeting friends for a coffee.
- Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
- Saturday 9am – 1pm
- (Closed on Sundays)
Location in town
📍25 Institute Road, BH19 1BT
You’ll find Swanage Post Office in the heart of town, just opposite Rainbow’s End and Raspberry Rose shops.
There is some on-street parking nearby on Station Road and High Street, but not directly outside. However, due to the post office’s central location, most of Swanage’s car parks are a short walk away (Broad Road long-stay parking and Co-Op or Mermond Place for short-stay are the closest).
Note that both Station Road and Institute Road are on a one-way system.
It’s also just a five-minute walk from Swanage’s bus station and railway station – simply walk down Station Road, which then becomes Institute Road, and the post office will be on your left, just past Baboo Gelato and Amber Bay.
More nearby post offices
There is a further main post office on North Street in Wareham (open 9am – 5.30pm Monday – Saturday, closing early on a Saturday at 1pm) as well as smaller, sub-post office facilities in the following locations in Purbeck:
- Corfe Castle – At the village shop. Open every day (Mon – Fri 8am – 6pm and Sunday 9am – 6pm)
- Valley Road – Counter service in St Michael’s petrol station forecourt shop. Open every day, Mon – Fri 7am – 8pm and weekend days 8am – 8.45pm
- Harman’s Cross – At the village hall. Thursdays between 9.30 – 11.30am
- Langton Matravers – At Putlake Adventure Farm Tuesdays between 9am – 12pm
- Stoborough – At the village hall, between 12pm and 2pm
Note that sub-post offices may not always provide all the services that a main post office does, and some services may not operate outside of normal post office hours.